|Welcome to the West Vincent Library!|
The mission of the library media program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. This mission is accomplished in the following ways:
- by providing intellectual and physical access to materials
- by providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas, and
- by working with other educators to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students.
- Grades 1-6 may check out 2 books at a time; kindergarten may check out 1 book at a time.
- Check-outs are for two weeks. Due Date cards are in the front of each book.
- Books may be renewed once if students are not finished reading them.
- The library helps teach responsibility. We expect students to return or renew books on time.
- If students lose or damage a book, they just need to let Mrs. Riggs or Mrs. Valentine know—they will not “get in trouble”!
- Lost or damaged books must be paid for, not simply replaced. We order extra-sturdy library bindings, so we must order them from a library supply company.
- If a lost book is found and returned during the same academic year, a refund will be issued.
- All students attend weekly library classes. During class we focus on navigating the library, choosing a “just right” book, caring for books, research skills, technology topics, and library procedures.
Reading Olympics is a county-wide reading competition open to grades 4-6.
Mrs. Michelle Riggs is the West Vincent Elementary librarian. She can be reached at email@example.com.
Mrs. Sandy Valentine is the West Vincent Elementary library aide. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.